Sunday, November 20, 2011

11.8...To Be Exact!

It's 5:35 a.m.  I've been up for an hour.  At the ripe time of 4:30 a.m., my little boy woke up and started playing in his room, quite loudly, I may add.  It was so cute, he knows he can't come out of his room until his "moon turns yellow and orange"...I guess I didn't specify not to get out of bed until at least, oh I don't know, the farmers get up for the day?  Starbucks opens?  Anyway, I lost the battle of the go-back-to-sleeps and he is now cuddled on the couch watching Cars 2.  And, I'm wide awake. 

Figured I would take this time to shout to the world my loyal readers that I have lost 11.8 pounds since starting Weight Watchers on October 3Pants are starting to get a little looser and I could zip up a pair of boots over my calves that I couldn't last winter.  Things are looking up.  I even found a form of exercise that I, gulp, actually like.  Spin class.  I can't believe I'm saying this, but the 50 minutes flies by.  Who am I?!?

In other news...

1.  We took family pictures yesterday.  I don't have high hopes here, my little lady was tired and not really herself.  The photographer assured me she got a few great ones, but we'll see.  I LOVE sending (and receiving) holiday cards, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed we got some card-worthy shots!

2.  My life-long friend, who I met on my very first day of sleep away camp when I was eight, had her first baby this week.  A little bundle of perfect love, for my friend who has been a "mother hen" since as far back as I can remember.  I know her adventures in motherhood will be nothing short of brilliance, like she has been doing it all along.  I can't believe I have to wait until January to meet that darling boy.

3.  I was looking through some email drafts, and I came across something I had to capture for posterity sake.  Husband said it while we were out to dinner.  I emailed it to myself at the table, because it cracked me up.  Maybe it was the cocktails, but it brought a smile to my face to read it again...He said, out of the blue, "Your blog has too many adjectives. Oh, and adverbs. That's the difference between girls and guys - it takes you four sentences to say what I could have said in 2 words."  Ha, he is so right!

I wish I could say that I will post again this week, but my track record says otherwise.  So, let me be among the first to wish you the happiest of Thanksgivings.  I absolutely love this holiday and can't wait to share it with those I love most. 

May your plates be full, your laughter loud and often and your day spent surrounded by those you are thankful for most in this world! 

No comments:

Post a Comment