Thursday, November 3, 2011

Halloween 2011

This year, Halloween was an over-the-top, amazing, already-can't-wait-until-next-year success!  My Buzz Lightyear and Minnie Mouse stole the show...I mean, just look at 'em, cah-mon!  Scrooge McHusband won't let you see their adorable faces, but I tell you, grins from ear to ear!



It was fun to watch my kiddos tackle trick-or-treating so differently.  MDB ran full speed ahead, from door-to-door, not really caring what the candy was, as long as it was filling up his pumpkin.  Ellie, on the other hand, was much more methodical.  She thought very long and hard about what to choose and had to examine each and every piece before placing it gingerly in her stash.  And then she pulled things out from time-to-time, wanting to talk about the oh-so-goodness of candy. 

When they were done, MDB thrust his bucket in my arms and told me I could take it inside.  After dinner, when I let him pick one thing to eat, he just grabbed what was on top and that was that.  Ellie on the other hand, nearly had a stroke if someone even glanced in the direction of her loot.  She changed her mind 19 times in deciding what to choose for her after dinner treat.  And, we caught her sneaking pieces of candy under the couch cushions, to save for later.  Hilarious.

Overall, it was a great celebration.  To me, it was one of those times when I could actually feel myself taking a step back, trying to savor the moments and take as much of it in as possible.  It was as if I was hoping to bottle up the feelings so I could close eyes years from now and recall the pure joy of innocence in my babies eyes.  It seemed as if I was watching the events unfold from outside my body, bearing witness to one of those moments that mark a true joy of parenthood!

And, I would be remiss if I didn't mention -- one of those Halloween-sized boxes of Milk Duds -- only three Weight Watchers points.  Totally worth it, in my book!

No comments:

Post a Comment