Monday, October 3, 2011

Day #1 (of the Rest of My Life)


I started Weight Watchers today -- again.  Please, the story of my life with on again-off again diets plans for getting healthy. 

But, I do feel really good this time.  I have a support group at work and feel really committed and ready.  Also, food -- food that I used to love and worship (aka, junk!) just doesn't taste as good as it used to.  When I eat it now, it leaves me feeling tired, energy-less and, well, fat.  That says something, right?

I've been struggling with whether or not to post my actual weight on my blog.  The number is higher than it has ever been before.  Even with my share everything approach to life -- not sure I'm ready for it to be so public, so real.  Maybe I'll change my mind as the scale goes down, but for now, I'm just not there yet.

So my goal?  35 pounds lost by my 35th birthday. I usually set really unrealistic goals.  Like when I went to St. Thomas in May, my goal was 20 pounds in 2 weeks.  Yeah, OK.  So, in my commitment to truly make a life change, I'm going to try and slow things down.   My new approach gives me 9 months and 3 days!

In terms of working out (BLECH!), I'm not ready to hit the gym yet.  I really just dread it.  But, I was enjoying Bikram (hot) yoga.  So, I am going to commit to that a few times a week -- for now.

So, there you have it.  Keep you posted.  And, if you have any tips, recipes and/or moral support to share, I'd love to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment