Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Precious Memories Never Die





I had the pleasure of watching one of my oldest friends get married this weekend.  As she walked down the aisle, I couldn't help but remember the day we met and how I knew instantly, at 8 years old, that we would be friends forever.  Her wedding was special -- not only because she found her soul mate -- but because I could see the happiness and love in her eyes.  What more could I ask for?

This joyful occasion also gave me the chance to re-connect with my camp friends.  These visits, while never often/long enough, are the times I crave and look forward to more than most anything in the world.  Being with these women, still, after all these years, instantly transports me back to some of the happiest, care-free times in my life.  There is something so special about my summer sisters.  We pick up right where we left off, no matter how much time has passed. 

Posie's wedding also gave me the chance to spend time with an old counselor and camp sisters (who, by the way, have grown into such beautiful women.  I felt like a proud mommy...even though they were only a few years younger than me.)  If you went to camp, you would understand!  Whenever I spend time with my camp friends, it makes me want to pick up and move to be closer to them, closer to the memories. 

More than anything, now that I have a little girl, I hope/pray/dream she gets to experience this, well, magic!




No comments:

Post a Comment