Monday, September 19, 2011

I Survived (So Far!)

I wanted kids as far back as I can remember.  BUT, there was one thing about parenthood that stopped me in my tracks, gave me pause about having children at all and had me considering home schooling so they wouldn't ever have to be in a cesspool of germs -- vomit.  Hate it.  Hate the mere idea of it.  Hate the anticipation of it.  Hate the even remote possibility of it.

Well, I just survived the dreaded stomach flu with Ellie.  A major milestone of mommy hood (passed, with flying colors, I might add!)  I have to say, it wasn't as bad as I thought.  My little lady was SUCH a trooper, so very brave.  And, to top it all off, she kept looking up at me with those big, sad blue eyes, saying "tank you Mommy.  I wuv you Mommy."  Love.  Love.

As the clock strikes 10:38 tonight -- marking the exact moment we will reach the coveted 24 hour mark -- I will sleep soundly knowing that I graduated past my private parental panic with honors!

P.S.  G-D, since I was such an amazing mom...can you please spare me, the hubs and most of all the 4 year-old?  He has his first field trip tomorrow and is beyond excited.  And, selfishly, while I was great, truly -- I'm still not quite ready to do it again! 

1 comment:

  1. You are an amazing Mother and Woman! I loke your stories,do you serve Mommy Hot Coco with them? mmmmm

    ReplyDelete