Wednesday, March 2, 2011

You Mean Me, Right?



I'm touched and flattered.  One of my favorite bloggers and the gal that inspired me to start my own blog, Lauren over at Finding La La Land), awarded me with my very first blog award.  Me?!?  I still can't help but think it was an oversight, a mistake.  In all honesty, I can't wrap my arms around the idea that people (although, admittedly, not a lot) actually read my blog...let alone like it.  But, hey, I'm honored and thankful, none-the-less.  Thank you, dear Lauren, for the accolades -- especially from you, it means the world to me!

So...without further ado, here are the rules:

1.  Thank and link back to the person who awarded you this award.  Check.
2.  Share 7 things about yourself.  See below.
3.  Award 15 recently discovered great bloggers.  Below again.  Some are recently discovered, to me!
4.  Contact the bloggers and tell them about the award!  Will do.

About Me.  My profile gives a pretty good overview, so here are some other odds and ends:

1.  I'm pretty much an open book.  There is nothing about myself that I won't share, discuss and analyze with others.  Sometimes without them asking.  Sometimes to those I just met.  Never been one with a filter.
2.  I have a not-so-secret obsession with shows like Deadliest Catch, Ice Road Truckers and Dirty Jobs.  I guess I have an odd fascination with burly, rough-and-tumble men?  I cried - actual tears - when Captain Phil Harris died.   
3.  I wanted to be an astronaut as a kid.  My big-time fear of flying will probably keep me out of that line of work.  And, on that subject, seeing (not CLIMBING) Mt. Everest is on my bucket list...but you have to fly into the world's most dangerous airport to get there, so that probably won't happen either!
4.  I'm a sweats and flats kinda gal.  I wish, so badly, that I loved fashion and could be one of those girls that even looks cute at the grocery store, could pull off funky accessories and gets compliments on clothes, but when it comes to choosing fashion or comfort -- comfort always wins.  Each and every time.
5.  There are only two foods IN THE ENTIRE WORLD I won't eat, and one isn't even a food.  Blue cheese and apple juice.  That's it.  Coupled with the fact that I can't stand working out, I can't imagine why I have weight issues?!
6.  I'm fascinated about everything that has to do with pregnancy and birth.  I love to hear other people's birth stories, even and especially the really gory details.  Post-birth of my two kids, I would close my eyes trying to remember and relive each and every moment, not wanting to forget the feelings, smells, words, sounds and faces that shared the moments with us. 
7.  I asked my hubby to share something too.  After a little prying and eye rolling, he said..."You're a great Mom, very strongly opinionated and have big, cute eyes. You worry too much, spend too much and beat yourself up too much."  So sweet.  In all honesty, I had to edit it slightly, as parts of what he wrote just weren't appropriate for the blog-o-sphere :)

And, now, the envelope, please!   My nominations for the "Stylish Blogger Award" goes to (in random order)...

Bellies and Babies
Notes from the Desk of Ga Ga
Household Affairs
A Mom Thing
Our Great Life Adventure
Emphasis Added
Little Ree Writes
Bopril

I know there aren't 15...but, hey, I'm newish to this crazy, bloggy world.

2 comments:

  1. Love it!!! You are so awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet, Jen! I loved reading your 7 things. Now, I want to know what your hubby said that you couldn't write :) xxoo

    ReplyDelete