Tuesday, April 20, 2010

I'm Starving...

Okay, so maybe that's a little dramatic, but I'm really, really hungry.  I started Weight Watchers yesterday morning and since yesterday morning the only thing I can really concentrate on is my next meal. 

Dieting has always been a challenge for me.  I really love food, I HATE (yes, with all capital letters) to work out and I really dislike the feeling of being hungry.  Not a good combo.  And, unlike a lot of women that I know, I don't have a bad body image.  I look in the mirror and have a tendency to just overlook the problem areas.  You might think that's a good thing, but I think it's part of the problem. 

I have to face reality...the "I just had a baby" excuse just isn't going to cut it anymore.  After three years of back-to-back pregnancies and nursing, I got in the habit of eating what I wanted, when I wanted and it has caught up with me with a vengeance. 

I spend countless moments worrying about my kids health and it dawned on me that I was neglecting my own.  More than anything, I want to pass my healthy self confidence on to my children, but I also want to teach them by example that you have to take care of your body.

A friend asked me how much I wanted to lose.  I honestly don't know, because my quest isn't really about the scale.  I have been there before, only to gain the 20 pounds back again.  I want to do it differently this time.

So for now, here are my weight loss goals:

I want to...
  • not have to wear shirts that hide my stomach
  • get on the skinny jean bandwagon
  • not cringe when I see pictures of me walking down the aisle at WMZ's wedding in August
  • make exercise a part of my weekly routine
I hope you will take this journey with me.  I need all the support I can get.  But, I must warn you, I get cranky when I'm hungry!

1 comment:

  1. YOU GO GIRL! June is just around the corner for our girls getaway:) Work it, work it, work it!!!

    ReplyDelete