Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Back In The Day

I've heard my parents and their friends talk about how they wish they had all the baby "technology" we do now...back in the day.  Like, bumbo seats, diaper genies, myBreast friends, video monitors, breathable bumpers and countless other save-the-day things.  In all honesty, I can't really even imagine parenting, especially in the newborn days, without some of these things!  But, this...even I wish I had this back in the day.

I'd heard about the new hands free pump from Medela, but didn't really pay much attention because mine worked fine enough not to justify the extra expense of a new one.  But I didn't really understand its true power until I was helping my SIL figure hers out.  In fact, it is so high-tech, I literally had to try it on to see for myself. 



My SIL's sister and I sat in awe of this little machine and its hands free potential... like back when we were pumping (for me, a mighty 2 months ago) we had to hand express milk while tending to the fields.  But, seriously, you can actually strap yourself in and do just about anything. 

Kids these days, they have it so easy!

1 comment:

  1. I don't care - there is NOTHING that could ever make me like pumping.

    ReplyDelete