Thursday, October 15, 2009

Vacation

I am pretty sure I have never needed a vacation as badly as I do now.  I am also pretty sure I have said that before ANY vacation I have taken.  But, seriously, it has been way too long since a few uninterupted days of adult time.  There have been some trips, but trips = kids and vacations do not! 

I know I need a vacation because I am already dreading coming back.  Typical me.  Heaven forbid I live in the moment and enjoy it...I already have to think about what's next.   

Yep, we are headed to Las Vegas with four other couples.  They are normally friends we hang out with, with all the kids.  We start conversations but never finish them because a little person is needing/hitting/getting into something.  It will be really nice to hang out without the kids.  I am, admitdely a little nervous too.  I sometimes feel left out because their kids are older than ours and well, I really, really don't want to get in a bathing suit in front of other human beings.  Its like HS all over again. 

But, we are going and I need it.  My parents have graciously "given up" their home, solitude, routine and (shhh, don't tell them)... sleep to take the kids so we can get away.  I know a lot of other parents that aren't as lucky as we are.  Trust me, I don't take that for granted. 

So, one week from today...with breast pump in tow, its Vegas Baby, Vegas!

No comments:

Post a Comment