Thursday, November 11, 2010

Thomas Intervention Needed


Things have gotten out of control at our house and Thomas The Train is to blame.  My sweet little boy, as are most of the little boys I know, is OBSESSED with Thomas.  

To clarify, I do love the little wooden toy trains (even though I know they are probably laced with poisonous paint and other toxic chemicals).  He plays with them for hours and hours which forces him to use his imagination and exercise his brain putting the tracks together. 

It's the television show that I worry about.  I actually can't believe it's on the air.  The trains are SO mean to each other, always in the worst mood, condescending, angry and use words like "stupid" and "hate."  There is never a lesson learned, a catchy tune or anything even the least bit teachable.  I know what you are thinking, that's my job.  I get that and I limit the TV time to an hour or so a day, but there are times (like 5 a.m., don't even get me started on how much I dislike Daylight Savings Time...that is another post entirely) when only the TV will do.  He used to love shows like The Backyardigans, Little Einsteins, Handy Manny and Special Agent Oso...but now, it's all Thomas, all the time!  

Any tips out there for introducing some new programming in our house before my son starts being as grumpy as that annoying little blue train and his so-called friends?

No comments:

Post a Comment